State of the Industry Report 2017: Australian Red Meat and Livestock Industry
The Red Meat Advisory Council, in partnership with its members including Cattle Council of Australia, and with support from Meat & Livestock Australia, released the first ever State of the Industry report in October 2017.
The State of the Industry 2017 for the first time highlights our industry's economic credentials and cultural value to Australian consumers. These include:
- We are the leading exporter of beef and goat meat, we are second only to New Zealand in exporting sheep meat & are the third largest livestock exporter worldwide
- Australians eat four times more beef and six times more sheepmeat compared to the rest of the world
- We employ 405, 000 Australians directly and indirectly
- We contribute 18 billion to the GDP
- We have achieved 11 per cent growth
- We are a network of 75, 000 strong businesses that have experienced 5 per cent growth
- Click here to read the full State of the Industry 2017.