Policy advice and recommendations on the grassfed beef industry’s activities associated with:
- trade and market access, with a focus on removing technical and economic barriers to trade
- marketing, within both domestic and export markets.
- Strategic direction and oversight of all industry service provider activities that involve grassfed levy expenditure under trade, market access and marketing programs.
- Advice and assistance in the development strategic direction and oversight of programs to enhance the standing of beef within a nutritionally balanced diet.
The development and review of activities that:
- reduce barriers to trade including delivering further substantial progress in reducing economic barriers
- reduce technical barriers for both meat and live animals
- improve the marketing and the promotion of beef in domestic and export markets
- address increased public interest in the dietary nutritional value of beef.
The Policy Council and working group's activities align with the three ‘Imperatives’ from the Meat Industry Strategic Plan (MISP) and the Beef Industry Strategic Plan (BISP2020).
The Policy Council and working groups provide:
- policy advice to Cattle Council Board
- strategic direction and oversight of Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA) marketing and market access programs
- policy recommendations designed to grow the demand for beef locally and overseas.
The Cattle Council's Trade Policy can be found here