The Australian beef industry has put in place a number of the world's best systems and programs which underpin the safety and quality of Australian beef for both our domestic and export consumers.
Cattle Council is directly involved in the management and direction of these schemes and ensuring they deliver the best outcomes for producers. Cattle Council is always focussed on the strategic improvement of these industry programs to align with market and producer needs.
Key industry programs that Cattle Council monitors include:
Livestock Production Assurance
- The Livestock Production Assurance (LPA) program is the Australian livestock industry’s on-farm food safety program. It meets the stringent requirements of our export markets, providing an assurance of the safety of red meat grown by Australia’s cattle, sheep and goat producers.
National Livestock Identification System
- The National Livestock Identification System (NLIS) is Australia’s system for the identification and traceability of cattle, sheep and goats. NLIS reflects Australia’s commitment to biosecurity and food safety and provides a competitive advantage in a global market.
Meat Standards Australia
- Meat Standards Australia (MSA) was developed by the Australian red meat industry to improve the eating quality consistency of beef and sheepmeat. The system is based on almost 700,000 consumer taste tests by over 100,000 consumers from nine countries and takes into account all factors that affect eating quality from the paddock to the plate.
National Residue Survey
- The National Residue Survey (NRS) is a vital part of the Australian system for managing the risk of chemical residues and environmental contaminants in Australian animal and plant products. The NRS supports Australia’s primary producers and agricultural industries by confirming Australia’s status as a producer of clean food and facilitating access to domestic and export markets.
Pasturefed Cattle Assurance System
- The Pasturefed Cattle Assurance System (PCAS) is an assurance program that enables the industry to prove claims relating to pasturefed or grassfed production methods. Underpinning PCAS are the PCAS Standards which govern the on-farm feed requirements and traceability of the cattle as well as pre-slaughter handling practices which influence eating quality.
Livestock Biosecuity Network
- Livestock Biosecurity Network endeavours (LBN) to provide livestock producers with the necessary tools and useful information to manage disease (endemic and exotic), pest and weed events on their farms. LBN is funded by CCA as a service provider in the biosecurity space.
PGA of WA Conference (Perth)
The Botanicals CROWN PERTH Burswood, WA
The World Galloway Congress 2018
Best Western Airport Motel & Conference Centre