Giving Beef Producers A Voice
Are you thinking of becoming a member of the Cattle Council of Australia? Cattle Council aims to give beef producers a voice and represent you as a producer on a federal and national level.
Your membership will let you:
- Stand for the Cattle Council of Australia Board;
- Vote on Board elections;
- Communicate directly to the Cattle Council of Australia on national policy issues;
- Receive regular updates from the Cattle Council of Australia;
- Nominate to participate in the Cattle Council of Australia policy committees (see below); and
- Receive members-only access to the Cattle Council of Australia interactive website.
Membership is based on one membership per person and equates to one vote per membership. The cost of membership is $100.00 + GST.
Did you know that the membership fee is waived for producers who are already a member of a State Farming Organisation?
All state farming organisations are members of Cattle Council. These are:
- NSW Farmers' Association
- Victorian Farmers' Federation
- Western Australian Farmers' Federation
- Pastoralists' & Graziers' Association of WA
- Tasmanian Farmers' & Graziers' Association
- Northern Territory Cattlemen's Association
- Livestock SA
The Cattle Council of Australia maintains four specialist committees to provide recommendations and detailed advice to the Board on key issues affecting the beef industry. Cattle Council welcomes members to put forward their interest in being involved in these committees.
These committees are:
- Marketing, Market Access & Trade;
- Research, Development, Extension & Sustainability;
- Industry Systems & Food Safety; and
- Animal Health, Welfare & Biosecurity.
All other policy isues are managed directly by the Cattle Council of Australia board.